My Gardening story


   Gardening is my passion right from the childhood. It is such a lovely experience when you see the plant or seed which you sowed is growing. I still remember the happiness and excitement when I first saw the seedlings of green peas which I sowed in a small wooden box when I was eight years old. That feel was completely different and it brought a sense of achievement in me.

     From there I started growing small plants such as coriander and methi in small wooden boxes.  Ours is a lower middle class family so my parents were not ready to spend for gardening.I always dream to grow Rose's as my neighbours had those. They maintained rose plants only for beautiful  looks so they will not allow anyone to pluck the flower from their plants. It will bloom,gets dry and will fall down in a week. As a small girl I always want to pluck the Rose's and keep it my hair, but they will not allow.

    After much arguments with my parents I got four mud flower pots when i was ten years old to grow rose plants. When I saw those pots I would start dreaming of bunch of Rose's  blooms. At that age I did not understood that growing of rose is not easy.With the help of servant maids who used to help my neighbour in washing utensils we got red soil and goat dung manure for soil preparation.

    When a plant seller came to my street with rose plants I could not able to stand and ran behind him crazily to buy Rose plants. I got a red rose plant, an yellow one, a lite orange one and white rose. I could not control my happiness, jumped to moon and back as proud owner of rose plant pots.

    On seeing my excitement and enthusiasm my neighbour who did not allow to pluck the flowers gave a mud pot which they were using previously. My father did not allowed  me to buy another rose as it already crossed his budget. Instead he got me a rose plant cutting from his close friend's house 

I still remember my first red rose🌹 bloom in my pot. That was the proud moment of life at that time. Soon all the colours started blooming. I was thinking at that time only the plants which I got from the seller will give more flowers. But to my surprise only the cutting which my dad gave lots and lots of flowers. Even my neighbour got envied with that rose and requested one cutting of that plant from us. All the other Rose's did not bloomed unless we gave supplements to them. But the which my dad gave was a kind of bush variety and bloomed in all seasons.


  I did not had any camera to capture those at that time apart from my eyes. Going forward I will post pictures of my present garden to treat your eyes. Keep following me in this blog to know more about my gardening life🌲🌳🌴🌵


Comments